apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Purpose of defined APU_HAVE_XXX-DBD in apu.h for dso build
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 05:07:12 GMT
On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 05:58 +0100, Mladen Turk wrote:

> Well, any #define in apu.h should state
> with what option it _HAS/_HAVE compiled in.

But it does. Even if, DSO, SQLite3 driver will only be compiled if
relevant _HAVE is defined.

> In case the sqlite3 was compiled statically the
> define makes perfect sense, cause apu depends
> on libsqlite3. In case of module it means nothing
> cause particular dbd driver support is
> determined at run-time by successful loading
> of module driver.

If you want to see at runtime if you have a particular driver available,
you should not rely on _HAVE anyway. You should rely on return value of
apr_dbd_get_driver() function.

All DBD drivers still need to be compiled together with APU, as we have
private structures in place that are not available as an API for driver
writers. So, if it was compiled with APU, it will have a _HAVE.

--
Bojan