apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Phippard" <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr pools & memory leaks
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:43:23 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels@gmail.com> wrote:

> Windows doesn't support prefork mode; only threaded operation. On
> Linux/Unix the default mode of operation of Apache is some sort of
> creation of disposable processes. The threaded operation in Windows
> doesn't have that (a disposable process which cleans up any memory
> management issues).

OK.  The way I read Ben's email is that the reason you do not see this
in "plain Apache" was that it is usually run in pre-fork.  I thought
it was possible in SVN regardless.  It sounds like when SVN is used in
an Apache that is using pre-fork these processes are being cleaned up
regularly which frees memory.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard