apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bray <Tim.B...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: apr_file_* weirdness on Mac OS X
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:15:28 GMT
On Oct 3, 2008, at 6:22 AM, Bojan Smojver wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 01:13 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>
>> i.e. a randomized name in the same directory.
>
> Have you tried using apr_file_mktemp()?

Well, this isn't actually a temp file.   Once it's written and closed,
I want to move it into its final location as quickly as possible, so I
thought it would be good to have it in the same directory where it's
going to end up and avoid doing a copy.   But if this kind of thing is
going to happen, you probably have a point.  -Tim