apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Corrected: global_mutex on Solaris 10, does it actually work?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:33:28 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> All this gets back to a pet enhancement of mine: the way to set, at
> runtime, the mutex-type used for APR_LOCK_DEFAULT... Sometimes the
> compile-type selection is non-optimal, and it would be great
> to be able to adjust this for each specific impl, regardless
> of how built.

Leads straight into the obvious question, where do we store 'apr
performance and behavior characteristics'?

It came up 6 or 7 years ago or so, and because the need wasn't that
pressing, it wasn't resolved.

On win32, one would think the registry makes good sense.  On unix,
an /ect/apr.conf file makes good sense.  Other suggestions, ideas
and exceptional cases?