apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r689360 - /apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_want.h
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:55:05 GMT
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:55 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> That's a binary breakage and a compile time breakage, and when describing
> "unix" you aren't clarifying which compiler.  I wouldn't assume all are
> void*, have you researched?

Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Darwin all declare iovec as void*.

So, on Win32 (or any platform without uio.h), this wrong definition
leads to portability headaches as we have to explicitly cast to char*
because we declared the wrong type on Win32.  =(  It really should
have been void* from the beginning.  -- justin