apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject 1.3.4 "stable", is it time for some patches?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 04:30:09 GMT
I'm thinking this is a healthy time to start crawling through bugzilla and
the list for various patches folks are asking us to apply, and either apply
or close them (excluding 2.0 suggestions, of course).  I'd really like to
roll a non-critical 1.3.5 a week from now, one that isn't make or break on
any particular httpd or svn release.

So over the week, I'm going to apply any missing mingw/cygwin patches, and
fix the ipv6 socket bug on win2008/vista v.s. windows "other".  If a few
committers can pitch in, I'll be we can cut bugzilla down to size.

I'm not asking that we "break" 1.3.5, but that we give some patches a chance
and avoid being overly cautious.  Without the downstream pressure to roll
a release right now, I'm hoping we can clear these out.

Bill