apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.3.3 tarballs for review
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:25:10 GMT
Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:22:49AM +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 12:59 -0400, Olivier Beaton wrote:
>>> After a nearly 2 month wait for the latest release and svn
>>> trunk to compile I've lost a lot of faith.
>> You have to understand that people working on APR/APU a volunteers.
>
> Sure, but what should we do, isn't one of the goals of apr to be
> portable?
>
> Should I do a binary-search build to see when it broke, and report the
> patch that broke it?

We are happy to move forwards and apply your fix (with all due caution so
that we don't introduce more new regressions!) but it's a matter of one
of the very few committers reviewing it who feel comfortable with the
entire autofoo mess.  Unfortunately with autoconf, a positive change for
one platform is all too often breakage to another platform.

But yes, please test frequently and holler at the committer when their patch
breaks your platforms!

Bill