apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Olivier Beaton" <olivier.bea...@quadir.net>
Subject Re: 1.3.3 tarballs for review
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:02:33 GMT
Perhaps I wasn't clear.  Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate all
the volunteer work everyone puts into these libraries so that
developers can more efficiently build their applications.  I sure
can't resolve these kinds of issues (or I would have and submitted my
own patch) so I appreciate the complexity going on here..

I wasn't griping about "when is the next version going to be out".
I'm talking about the fact that previous releases broke compilation on
a platform (mingw) and stayed that way through multiple releases.  In
my case I'm trying to use log4cxx in an enterprise environment and
their hands are tied when a dependant library breaks like this.

I'm told that not this release, but another releasing coming "shortly"
afterwards is going to fix this, but this really seemed like a very
long time to wait for this kind of huge issue to get resolved.  Of
course griping isn't going to make it go faster, but I hope it will
make volunteers rank these kinds of issues higher on their list of
priorities in the future because this is an issue many of us really
care about.

Thanks for all the work,
Olivier Beaton