apr-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Poeml <po...@suse.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r678323 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/memcache/apr_memcache.c
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 01:45:24 GMT
On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 09:50:24AM +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 01:40 +0200, Peter Poeml wrote:
>
> > That patch does the job as well.
>
> OK, thanks. Committed to 1.3.x now in r683756.

Thanks!

Runs fine so far, and seems to use less memory than ever :-)

> Folks, this commit is quite obviously a hack around limitations of
> reslist in 1.3.x. If the list decides it is better that we have
> apr_reslist_cleanup_order_set() in 1.3.x as non-public API, please feel
> free to revert it and apply the fix from the trunk.

 From a module programmer's viewpoint I am -- in the case of
apr_dbd/mod_dbd and apr_memcache -- very much in favour of cleanup and
moving forward, because so far, it is (was) pretty difficult to use them
without running in all sorts of problems. So the usual stability of the
API isn't so important (yet) in my opionion.

Even with the changes that 1.2/1.3 got in this area, I had to adapt some
things in the course.

But there may be other apr_reslist uses that I am not aware of.

(I cannot argue about apr_reslist itself really, I can only comment on
what I encountered on the "surface".)

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development