apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Time for 1.3.3
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 22:24:22 GMT
On Thursday 07 August 2008, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Stefan, my goal is to have a working 2.62 ready package, so I'll
> take a closer look, but if other folks would take a peek at this
> flaw, we'd really appreciate it.  It just can't be that hard to fix
> (if I had cycles I would have already investigated).  Some flags
> are missing somehow for the testrand target.

The problem is that AC_C_BIGENDIAN is broken in autoconf 2.62. This
will result in APR_IS_BIGENDIAN in apr.h getting the wrong value,
which might break other software and not just the test. In the case
of testrand, the problematic code is in random/unix/sha2.c and not in
testrand.c.

Is there really something in 2.62 you need, or could you simply use
2.61 to generate the configure in the tarball? Alternatively, you
could grab the patch reverting AC_C_BIGENDIAN to the 2.61 behaviour
from some linux distro and use the patched autoconf.

Stefan