apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Bojan Smojver" <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: reslist API future (was Re: svn commit: r677505)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:04:14 GMT
Quoting "Joe Orton" <jorton@redhat.com>:

> I'd rather the decision was made by those who are more familiar with
> this code than I.  The fact that this change apparently does break an
> existing caller does seem to back up the "API change" argument:
> http://markmail.org/message/xjgaampnoru67pxr

I wasn't aware of that one, but yeah, if it things like this a
possible, we should most definitely not backport. (I'm guessing the
failure here is not related the fix in pre_cleanup implementation
(r678139), given very recent dates in the mail thread).

> I think that makes sense, so long as you're sure that the respool design
> will solve the set of problems with reslist that people have seen; it
> would be good to hear from Mladen and Chris on this.

Not sure at all. That's why I put your ideas into a patch, so that
everyone can test :-)

--
Bojan