apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r678323 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/memcache/apr_memcache.c
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 01:58:55 GMT
On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 03:45 +0200, Peter Poeml wrote:
> So the usual stability of the
> API isn't so important (yet) in my opionion.

The new API in reslist that switches the behaviour of cleanups cannot be
made public in 1.3.x, due to our versioning rules. But, we could do that
internally, if that's what the list prefers. I leave it to others to
revert my commit and apply the new behaviour.

> But there may be other apr_reslist uses that I am not aware of.

That's exactly why pre_cleanup default was not accepted. Both behaviours
can lead to crashes (of different kind). So, we must stick with the old
crashes, in order to avoid breaking existing software. Just another
API/ABI rule we have.

In any event, it's good that we have solutions for this. Thanks for
testing!

--
Bojan