On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Steve Comstock <steve@trainersfriend.com> wrote:
We pick up the story of our intrepid adventurer
trying to port Apache 2.2.9 to z/OS 1.9. ...

Let Greg know that you've switched mailing lists, and keep me off the cc ;)  He likely made more progress that he didn't share with you yet, and he's away for a few days anyway.  Some of us have been building/using Apache 2.2.x on different levels of z/OS for some time and he was trying to pick out the necessary build tweaks needed by the general community vs. tweaks that were somehow helpful on one particular machine or another.