apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <s.stri...@striker.nl>
Subject Re: Backport policy, WAS: Re: svn commit: r678140 - /apr/apr/branches/1.3.x/memory/unix/apr_pools.c
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:00:18 GMT
On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 9:59 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:

[...]
>> Think the backporting policy is "act responsible" right now,
>> or am I wrong here?
>
> APR entirely operates under CtR.
>
> Fortunately, the pace of development has ensured that these can be reviewed,

Can be, but not ensured that that they have been.

> and our versioning policy avoids debates as in httpd about what "features"
> can be backported.  Since all new features are to trunk only, it's a fairly
> clean policy.

Agreed, sort of.

> I don't see any reason to move to RtC, but discussion is always welcome.

I'm not going to advocate moving to RtC for stable branches, even
though I'm a strong proponent of it, for the simple fact that I am not
dedicating enough time to APR these days.  My comments mainly stem
from my own lack of spending time on reviewing 1.3 in the last 6
months, and getting surprises now.

Cheers,

Sander