apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r679630 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES file_io/unix/copy.c file_io/win32/open.c include/apr_file_io.h test/testfilecopy.c
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 03:35:41 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 00:17 +0000, bojan@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Add apr_file_link() function.
>> PR 44841.
>> Patch by Mark Heily <mark heily.com>
>
> Folks, this addition includes Windows code, which I am unable to review
> at all (Unix code is very simple, though). So, I'm relying on CTR here!

I moved apr_file_link() to open.c for all platforms - r679652.
Also moved the tests to testfile vs. testfilecopy.

unix/copy.c is currently used for both unix & windows, as it had no platform-specific
code before this.

After a few small changes to the win code, apr_file_link() now works fine on windows.  Hardlinks

require an NTFS filesystem on windows and are seldom encountered, but they work just as on
unix.

apr trunk testfile (with the two new apr_file_link tests) shows SUCCESS on both windows &
linux.

-tom-