apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing the order of cleanup for some core objects
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:35:37 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:

> PPS. The implementation of Joe's proposal can be put into something we
> may call respool (as opposed to reslist), so that people can choose that
> if they so wish.

With Joe's proposal the additional pool for reslist and the
single cleanup registered there is actually the pre_cleanup,
so why not using that? We'll preserve 8K of memory to the user
simply by using that.

Also seems that during discussion a simple fact that even with
pre_cleanup the standard pool cleanup will happen anyway is
not taken into account. If you don't destroy them in destructor
they'll be destroyed by the standard pool cleanup, so I don't
understand why is that such a big deal. All that will happen
is that destructor will be called before pools gets destroyed,
and Joe was doing that with bunch of additional pools.

Regards
--
^(TM)