apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing the order of cleanup for some core objects
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:02:12 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:

>> Using pre_cleanup for some objects that presumably have
>> child pools can resolve some of those issues, but it
>> definitely needs a thorough evaluation.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> More a question: what is the actual proposal?

Well I thought to add some sort of API that would
allow to register a callback list to parent object callback.

Using socket API for example that would allow
listening socket to have some sort of info about
all accepted sockets. Right now socket_cleanup simply
closes the socket, but in this case it would also sweep
trough all registered child sockets and execute
provided cleanup for each of them. The callback code
can be as simple as 'hey I'm dead' flag, or a full blown
notify/wait mechanism.

This is basically extending the pool_cleanup_register
to any object by creating the cleanup chain for each
cleanup callback (in pre_cleanup).

However the idea might not work at the first place :)

Regards
--
^(TM)