apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r678323 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/memcache/apr_memcache.c
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 05:34:10 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 21:29 +0000, bojan@apache.org wrote:

>> Log:
>> Close memory leak.
>
> This, of course, has to do with pre_cleanups now working and being used
> for reslists.
>
> Mladen,
>
> I'm not sure if you're planning on backporting pre_cleanup use in
> reslist to 1.3.x, but if you do, we can backport this to 1.3.x as well.
> If not, we can then apply that other fix that I posted to the list a few
> days again.

I'm still not sure about backporting.
Although IMHO it makes reslist API behave like it should, it might
break some of the existing usages where users were doing nasty tricks
with reslist to make the things not to leak memory.
It would certainly simplify the mod_proxy connection pool by an order
of magnitude, by not requiring registering additional cleanup for each
socket, etc.

I'm also not sure how to document those changes, cause even before the
behavior was deeply hidden inside internal pool work logic, and you've
need to look at the pool source to figure out why the reslist destructor
makes double free.

Regards
--
^(TM)