apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r677505 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/misc/apr_reslist.c
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:51:42 GMT
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:30:20AM +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> The first one may upset some software out there (probably some very
> corner cases - I can't actually think of an example where it would, to
> be honest), although it won't httpd's mod_dbd for sure.

It does seem like existing callers could reasonably depend on the
existing behaviour, and that changing it would break them.

So I'd say it's either a new API guarantee (can't be done in 1.3.x) or
it's simply an API change (can't be done in 1.x).

Also note the extra confusion that apr_pool_pre_cleanup_register will
have different behaviour in APR 1.3.0 to releases after r678139, and
that would affect the APR-util API.

joe