apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: SQLite3 tuning
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:30:23 GMT
On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 06:53 -0400, Tom Donovan wrote:

> Calling sqlite3_busy_timeout() in dbd_sqlite3_open might be better than using the
>    do { ... apr_sleep() ... }
> loop in dbd_sqlite3_select_internal.

Yeah, true. I may just rework it with that instead. Thanks for the hint!

> Nevertheless, I also see that SQLite is quite slow for concurrent updates; despite being
very fast
> for reads.

Also true, but with the current 100 ms sleep, it is not just slow - it
is dead slow. At one point I thought Apache hung or something during my
testing, but it was just sleeping for a long time in all of its threads.
Once I switched from the original behaviour to linear backoff, I could
get about 40 times as many pages out. Worth fixing.

View raw message