apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r677505 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/misc/apr_reslist.c
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:30:20 GMT
On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 19:19 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Or more to the point, when is 1.3.x ready to ship w.r.t. reslist?  You'll
> note there hasn't been a 1.3.3 tag since I've been watching all of this
> activity, and didn't want to rush anyone.

There are several things that we can do with reslist:

- backport pre_cleanup
- enforce limits stricter (patch available)
- implement when no_threads (patch also available)

The last two need to be cleared by folks on the list, but I don't think
they will be a subject of a big debate.

The first one may upset some software out there (probably some very
corner cases - I can't actually think of an example where it would, to
be honest), although it won't httpd's mod_dbd for sure. Also, there were
"design pattern" objections to it. So, we need to clear these two
objections before backporting.

> But it is past time to cut 1.3, so give me a clue how much more work is
> needed and how long y'all think it will take to come to consensus on the
> 1.3 branch.

I'm essentially waiting for folks to chime in on the whole pre_cleanup
issue after discussion dust has settled (and the two new patches). Once
that's done, we can roll.

--
Bojan