apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Ames" <gregames.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble in river city.
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:43:16 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Greg Ames <gregames.apache@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the mean time, why don't you download the latest httpd 2.0.x
> tarball and see if you can build that starting with ./buildconf?  That
> should get you familiar with the process and check out the toolchain.
> Once we get you through a 2.0.x build, it won't be that bad to get
> 2.2.x built.

another hint: export _CC_CCMODE=1 prior to make, or to be on the safe
side, prior to ./configure as well.  I don't know exactly what it
does, but without it the link of the httpd object dies as if cc is
interpreting flags as filenames:

 IEW2785S D21A AN ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN FILE STATISTICS FOR PATHNAME  ./-Wl,DLL
          FAILED. 'HFS ISSUED RETURN CODE 00000081 AND REASON CODE 053B006C.
 IEW2785S D21A AN ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN FILE STATISTICS FOR PATHNAME  ./-o  FAILED.
          'HFS ISSUED RETURN CODE 00000081 AND REASON CODE 053B006C.

Greg