apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Ames" <gregames.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with apr and apr-util
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:14:31 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Steve Comstock
<steve@trainersfriend.com> wrote:

> but wait: I do the gzip to unzip, but do I need to
> use pax, in order to convert to EBCDIC, or can I
> just use tar?

yes, use pax.  I've used this

http://people.apache.org/~gregames/xtar

...script for unpacking and converting httpd tarballs.  for apr[-uti]
you shouldn't need the stuff to re-extract the graphic files without
conversion but it shouldn't hurt either.

regarding apr and apr-util, they ought to be in sync in the httpd
2.2.9 tarball.  if they weren't, I assume we would hear a lot of loud
screaming by now, but the release is fairly new too.  I'll try the
2.2.9 tarball on Linux and see what happens.  if it works on Linux it
ought to work on OS/390 assuming you have the right build tools in
place.

Greg