apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: connobject.c broke with apr 1.3.2]
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:28:34 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Guys, please take a look, looks like one of the 1.3.x generation patches
> has broken our API compatibility rules.

It looks like this has always been wrong in mod_python.

APR_BRIGADE_SENTINEL takes a brigade argument, not a bucket.

refs:
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.3/group___a_p_r___util___bucket___brigades.html#g858da66dccab1e063415678bb115788a
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/0.9/group__APR__Util__Bucket__Brigades.html#g858da66dccab1e063415678bb115788a

I think no error displayed pre-1.3.2 because, unfortunately, both buckets and brigades have
a member
named 'list':

    For buckets - 'list' is a pointer to the allocator function.
    For brigades, 'list' is the ring of buckets.

The condition was probably never true when he was checking the wrong kind of 'list' for a
brigade
sentinel.  Well, hopefully it was never true!

-tom-