apr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
Subject Re: Trouble in river city.
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:02:28 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Greg Ames <gregames.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the mean time, why don't you download the latest httpd 2.0.x
>> tarball and see if you can build that starting with ./buildconf?  That
>> should get you familiar with the process and check out the toolchain.
>> Once we get you through a 2.0.x build, it won't be that bad to get
>> 2.2.x built.
>
> another hint: export _CC_CCMODE=1 prior to make, or to be on the safe
> side, prior to ./configure as well.  I don't know exactly what it
> does, but without it the link of the httpd object dies as if cc is
> interpreting flags as filenames:
>
>  IEW2785S D21A AN ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN FILE STATISTICS FOR PATHNAME  ./-Wl,DLL
>           FAILED. 'HFS ISSUED RETURN CODE 00000081 AND REASON CODE 053B006C.
>  IEW2785S D21A AN ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN FILE STATISTICS FOR PATHNAME  ./-o  FAILED.
>           'HFS ISSUED RETURN CODE 00000081 AND REASON CODE 053B006C.
>
> Greg

Good timing, thanks. I was jsut about to try my make.

A related point: I think you need to export _CXX_CXXSUFFIX=cpp also.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

   z/OS Application development made easier
     * Our classes include
        + How things work
        + Programming examples with realistic applications
        + Starter / skeleton code
        + Complete working programs
        + Useful utilities and subroutines
        + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==