apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Starting over
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 04:45:04 GMT
Steve Comstock wrote:

> And I am told pretty clearly that I will need libtool
> and autoconf. Now please remember I am a stranger in
> a strange land. There is no definition nor link to any
> place to get these tools. Where do I go? What do they
> do, anyway? You could help the cause a lot by providing
> this kind of information. I know that people who "know"
> know. Reminds me of the ancient days of mainframes when
> the systems people were kind of high priests and were
> jealous of letting their knowldege be widely available.

Steve, you shouldn't need to reinstall libtool or autoconf,
in fact as of 2.2.9 (and apr 1.3.2) these were bleeding edge.

You only need such things if you were to run ./buildconf,
which I don't suggest you do.  I think Greg may have confused
you further.  We use these to create the tarball you obtained
so that you don't have to grab anything (except compiler, linker
etc etc).

Sorry bout your disk crash :(

Bill