apr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
Subject Re: Help with apr and apr-util
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 01:03:43 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 14:45 -0600, Steve Comstock wrote:
>
>>    1. Should I delete the srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util
>>       directories I built just yesterday? Remember, the
>>       configure took me over five hours to build what I
>>       have (and it doesn't work)
>
> You don't need to delete it, but you'll have to run another round of
> configure on the new APR/APR-util anyhow. It's really unfortunate the
> environment is so slow. Any way you can do this on bare metal somewhere
> so you don't have to wait for hours to see the results?
>
>>    2. Where should I upload apr-1.3.2.tar.gz? in srclib?
>
> No need. You can put it anywhere you like. But, if you replace apr and
> apr-util directories inside srclib with release 1.3.2, it should work as
> well.
>
>>    3. Does this contain both apr and apr-util?
>
> No. APR-util is separate (i.e. you need to download another tarball).
>
>>    4. I find no install instructions; what are the steps?
>>       [small mercies: I know how to unzip and unwind; but
>>       once there, what can I expect?
>
> APR and APR-util are separate packages from httpd (httpd folks do ship
> both with httpd for convenience).

but that's one reason I'm so pissed: apparently the version shipped
with httpd is not the correct version. This would never be tolerated
in the mainframe world.

They can be installed by themselves.
> They get installed like this:

but wait: I do the gzip to unzip, but do I need to
use pax, in order to convert to EBCDIC, or can I
just use tar?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

   z/OS Application development made easier
     * Our classes include
        + How things work
        + Programming examples with realistic applications
        + Starter / skeleton code
        + Complete working programs
        + Useful utilities and subroutines
        + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==