apr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
Subject Help with apr and apr-util
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:45:14 GMT
So I go to

   http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi

and download apr-1.3.2.tar.gz

But I'm confused:

   1. Should I delete the srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util
      directories I built just yesterday? Remember, the
      configure took me over five hours to build what I
      have (and it doesn't work)

   2. Where should I upload apr-1.3.2.tar.gz? in srclib?

   3. Does this contain both apr and apr-util?

   4. I find no install instructions; what are the steps?
      [small mercies: I know how to unzip and unwind; but
      once there, what can I expect?

   5. So suppose I install apr and apr-util under srclib,
      will I need to run the Apache configure again?

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

   z/OS Application development made easier
     * Our classes include
        + How things work
        + Programming examples with realistic applications
        + Starter / skeleton code
        + Complete working programs
        + Useful utilities and subroutines
        + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==