apr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
Subject Re: Problems with configure
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:02:49 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 00:00 -0600, Steve Comstock wrote:
>
>> But I'll have to test it in the morning, it's late
>> here in Denver.
>
> No worries. I also found this on the 'net, which may indirectly help you
> (Subversion is a bit of cousin to APR/APU):
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-11/0063.shtml

Yeah, it helps a little.

So here's the test I ran after setting _CXX_CSUFFIX=cpp ...

ADMINS:/Z19/usr/lpp/zApache/httpd-2.2.9/srclib/apr: >./configure
trap: ./configure 2047: FSUM7327 signal number 13 not conventional
checking build system type... i370-ibm-openedition
checking host system type... i370-ibm-openedition
checking target system type... i370-ibm-openedition
Configuring APR library
Platform: i370-ibm-openedition
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
APR Version: 1.3.0
checking for chosen layout... apr
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

So it's definitely better. Still concerned about the message
FSUM7327; it seems to indicate something non standard coming
out of the test, not the compiler. [However, what is considered
"conventional" might be determined by some environment
variable settings; I'll read some more.]

Still have that disturbing message about C compiler cannot
create executables. Here's some stuff from the log:

configure:2962: checking build system type
configure:2980: result: i370-ibm-openedition
configure:3002: checking host system type
configure:3017: result: i370-ibm-openedition
configure:3039: checking target system type
configure:3054: result: i370-ibm-openedition
configure:3118: checking for working mkdir -p
configure:3134: result: yes
configure:3226: checking for chosen layout
configure:3228: result: apr
configure:3495: checking for gcc
configure:3525: result: no
configure:3592: checking for cc
configure:3613: found /bin/cc
configure:3636: result: cc
configure:3760: checking for C compiler version
configure:3768: cc --version >&5
FSUM3007 --  is not a valid option.
configure:3772: $? = 1
configure:3779: cc -v >&5
FSUM3012 Specify at least one source, archive, or object operand to be processed.
configure:3783: $? = 1
configure:3790: cc -V >&5
FSUM3012 Specify at least one source, archive, or object operand to be processed.
configure:3794: $? = 1
configure:3817: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:3839: cc    conftest.c  >&5
CCN0634(U) Unable to load CCNETBY
FSUM3065 The COMPILE step ended with return code 64.
FSUM3017 Could not compile conftest.c. Correct the errors and try again.
configure:3843: $? = 3
configure:3881: result:
configure: failed program was:
! /* confdefs.h.  */
! #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
! #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
! #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
! #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
! #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
! /* end confdefs.h.  */
!
! int
! main ()
! {
!
!   ;
!   return 0;
! }
configure:3888: error: C compiler cannot create executables

--------------------------------

Hmmm. There is no syntax shown in my C/C++ doc to support

   cc --version
nor
   cc -v
(well, -v in my docs stands for "verbose", and you
  still have to specify a file to compile)

I'm also concerned about the message Unable to load CCNETBY;
what is this program? Where should it be found?

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

   z/OS Application development made easier
     * Our classes include
        + How things work
        + Programming examples with realistic applications
        + Starter / skeleton code
        + Complete working programs
        + Useful utilities and subroutines
        + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==