apr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
Subject Re: Problems with configure
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 06:00:49 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 22:49 -0600, Steve Comstock wrote:
>
>> configure:10714: c++ -E  conftest.cpp
>> FSUM3010 Specify a file with the correct suffix
> (.C, .hh, .i, .c, .i, .s,
>
>> configure:10714: c++ -E  conftest.cpp
>> FSUM3010 Specify a file with the correct suffix
> (.C, .hh, .i, .c, .i, .s,
>
> Any way you can convince your C++ compiler to accept this file
> extension? Some switch in CPPFLAGS or maybe even CFLAGS?
>
> Something like:
>
> CPPFLAGS="-convince-compiler-to-do-this" ./configure

Well, as I read the docs, the command

c++ -E conftest.cpp

should invoke the C++ preprocessor only on the file
"conftest.cpp". File name suffixes, of course, have
special meanings to the compilers.

It looks like if I set _CXX_CXXSUFFIX=cpp
then it should allow ".cpp" as a recognizable
suffix.

But I'll have to test it in the morning, it's late
here in Denver.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I'll let you
know how it comes out.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

   z/OS Application development made easier
     * Our classes include
        + How things work
        + Programming examples with realistic applications
        + Starter / skeleton code
        + Complete working programs
        + Useful utilities and subroutines
        + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==