apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Release apr[-util] 1.3.1
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:20:38 GMT

On 06/16/2008 12:46 AM, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 08:02 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>
>> The AC_CACHE_VAL should be changed to AC_CACHE_CHECK, which then
>> provides pretty printing of messages for non-nested version of checks.
>
> Could you check if this works on Solaris?

I tested this patch and I adjusted it to the patch supplied:

1. There was an issue with the Solaris test that I missed before:
    It fails to detect the Solaris style correctly because we need
    to have

    struct servent *tmp = getservbyname_r((const char *) 0, (const char *) 0,

    instead of

    struct servent tmp = getservbyname_r((const char *) 0, (const char *) 0,

    (so tmp must be a pointer).

2. The repeated call to AC_CACHE_CHECK leads to multiple output lines in the
    case that one of the previous tests fails. With the bug above I got three
    identical lines that said that the style was none. IMHO this is not what
    we want. We want to see the final result of these tests (glibc2, Solaris, ...).
    So my patch calls AC_CACHE_CHECK once and puts in all checks as 3rd parameter.
    I also removed all AC_CACHE_VAL checks that were in the original code. When
    AC_CACHE_CHECK executes the code in the third argument we already know that
    there is no cached result and we need to all three checks (modulo the if statements
    in between) anyway.

I tested this patch with Solaris 8, 9, 10 (32 bit), RHEL 3(32Bit), RHEL 4(64 Bit) and
all worked fine.

Regards

RĂ¼diger