apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r667153 - /apr/apr/branches/1.3.x/include/apr.hw
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:05:06 GMT
Tom Donovan wrote:

> I don't find this necessary with SDK6.1 on WinXP using the command-line
> VC9 compiler included with the SDK.
>
> Is it "to pick up XP/2003 TCP/IP multicast constants" per the CHANGES file?
>
> The concern is that it opens up the possibility of inadvertently
> building binaries which won't run on Win2k.

Right, understood.  What is interesting is that the constants themselves
were not available.  If you turn on IPv6, it detects multicast now, but
all of the multicast group constant args aren't exposed, while the multicast
API actually was before.

> True, the minimum Windows platform will probably need to be bumped up
> soon - but since there are still a lot of Win2k systems in production we
> should probably be explicit about when that happens.

You know I was very cautious about considering this change, but believe it
is otherwise harmless for IPv4 builds, in particular.  I have an NT 4SP6
box I can validate this against, of course.