apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Release apr[-util] 1.3.1
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:08:39 GMT

On 06/15/2008 06:23 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Subject asks it all, candidates are up at http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
> for your reviewing pleasure... vote away;
>
>   +/-1
>   [ -1 ] Release apr 1.3.1 as GA
>   [ -0 ] Release apr-util 1.3.1 as GA
>

> Windows .zip's will follow when my head is above water and my sinuses
> clear up.

-1.

APR fails to build on Solaris 8, 9, 10. This is because -Werror is
added to the CFLAGS permanently.
This cause IPV6 detection to fail on Solaris 8, 9, 10 and in addition
and Solaris 10 there is still a Warning during compile which causes
the build to fail with -Werror set.

The culprit seems to be the changes to build/apr in apr_network.m4

APR_TRY_COMPILE_NO_WARNING is called nested again which causes the CFLAGS
restore to fail and to add -Werror twice to the real CFLAGS.

Another issue I have mentioned before:

APR-UTIL fails to compile on Red Hat AS 3 with ldap turned on as the OpenLDAP
API seems to have changed between 2.0.x and 2.2.x:
ldap/apr_ldap_rebind.c: In function `apr_ldap_rebind_set_callback':
ldap/apr_ldap_rebind.c:289: warning: passing arg 2 of `ldap_set_rebind_proc' from incompatible
pointer type
ldap/apr_ldap_rebind.c:289: too many arguments to function `ldap_set_rebind_proc'
make[1]: *** [ldap/apr_ldap_rebind.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

IMHO it should be checked during configure time if ldap_set_rebind_proc is usable.

Regards

RĂ¼diger