apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.2.9 missing options, no sql
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:31:43 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Looking over the patches, none seem to correspond to this gentleman's post
> from over on users@httpd.  Could anyone particularly familiar with mysql
> take a quick look and perhaps come up with a few ideas?  Seems that this
> user has a perfectly working non-dso config which fails with our new
> default.
> Given my work-work yesterday, and the nature of this bug, my time to work
> on a 1.3.1 release was shortcut and I'd love to have this sort of problem
> cleaned up anyways by 1.3.1(!)
> Res wrote:
>>> However - with or without --disable-util-dso, if you've built
>>> --with-mysql
>>> the necessary linkages exist, and you should be able to use the various
>>> mod_xxx_dbd modules against mysql.  If *that* doesn't work even without
>>> disabling dso, please holler.
>> [Sat Jun 14 16:06:10 2008] [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: Can't
>> connect to mysql
>> [Sat Jun 14 16:06:10 2008] [error] [client] Failed to
>> acquire database connection to look up <snip>
>> If I rebuilt with disable util dso, all works happily again.

I tried building 2.2.9 on debian etch --with-mysql (a regular dso build) and couldn't reproduce
problem.  The mysql driver builds and works fine for me with MySQL 5.0.32 from the regular

The error message "Can't connect to mysql" is reported for an apr_dbd_open() error, not an

apr_dbd_get_driver() error - so he had the dso driver and it loaded OK.

I'm guessing he probably missed something in his DBDParams, or else MySQL wasn't running when
he tested.

View raw message