apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: tabs
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:48:25 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> But if we do only in trunk and not in 1.3.x I guess backports become
> much harder as svn merge tends to fail more often.
> So I would propose to do on trunk *AND* 1.3.x.
> Regarding the noise: I guess detabing 1.3.x is more of one off thing
> and clearly labeled commit messages should avoid any confusion.

Well, my first concern is always able to identify "what broke" between
1.3.n and 1.3.n+1 and viewvc really sucks in terms of being able to do
an --ignore-whitespace diff.

But I guess that's a flaw in viewvc, if the crowd would rather keep these
consistent, then the small change between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 shouldn't be bad.

So I'll remove my objection Jim, detabify away