apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tabs
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:26:05 GMT

On 06/13/2008 09:27 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Topic for a fun conversation: Should we detab the various
>> APR source? We've never really instituted a specific coding
>> style, ala httpd, but 1.3.x might not be a bad place to start.
>> I'm proposing this for post-1.3.1 release, btw :)
>
> Please don't :(  Detab trunk/ if you would - otherwise the noise
> of which diff's are applied gets harder to read.  Since 1.3.x
> is in maintenance, cosmetics are no longer the best.
>
> If you have something to handle the horrible >80 col source that
> people have thrown in, that would be great too :)

But if we do only in trunk and not in 1.3.x I guess backports become
much harder as svn merge tends to fail more often.
So I would propose to do on trunk *AND* 1.3.x.
Regarding the noise: I guess detabing 1.3.x is more of one off thing
and clearly labeled commit messages should avoid any confusion.

Regards

RĂ¼diger