apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: Compiling on windows
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 03:54:20 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Matt Tolton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm attempting to compile APR on windows xp.  I am receiving the
>> following errors:

>> io\unix\multicast.c
>> multicast.c
>> .\network_io\unix\multicast.c(183) : error C2065: 'IPPROTO_IPV6' :
>> undeclared identifier
>
> What version?
>
> Would appreciate if you would try out 1.3.0 and see if that resolves your
> headache.  Otherwise, looks possible that we have something interesting
> going on in VC9 (not one of the five VC flavors I have installed and
> handy).

It looks like IPV6 is turned on by default in APR 1.3 for Windows in apr.hw.

Was this intended?  r661375 & r661377

Two ways to correct this with the Windows 2008 SDK (included with VC9) - both require changing

apr\include\apr.hw

1.) disable IPV6 if you won't be using it:

	#define APR_HAVE_IPV6 0
-or-

2.) bump the lowest runtime version up to WinXP (501) instead of Win2k (500):

	#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501

-tom-