apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r662530 - /apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x/Makefile.win
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:50:36 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 17:37 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Not unless -1's appear.
> OK, thanks. I was asking because there were a few commits to trunk that
> would be worth backporting in case you were re-spinning. Unless people
> object, I will do that soon, so that I don't forget before 1.3.1.
> In particular, I'm referring here to:
> - r661178, 662326: thread safe apr_getservbyname()
> - r661146, 662114, 662300: apr_shm: fix failure in test_named_remove
> - r662299: silence GCC strict aliasing warning for APR rings

Please feel free!  Such things are easily forgotten later on.

> Maybe even something along these lines, provided we all agree how it
> should be done now that API is frozen:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@apr.apache.org/msg20247.html

That patch is fine.  And yes - it's worth debating how to communicate
the notice information from the engines (first question; how do these
correspond to other SQL clients?)

>> So I plan to vote shortly (almost done with win32 packages and my own
>> votes), and extend the vote another 12 hours to give everyone a chance
>> to cast their actual vote.
> I would be very interested in seeing a vote from Joe, as he cast one of
> the -1 votes during the release planning process. I did build
> 1.3.0 APR/APU RPMs (locally) on Fedora, so I know that part should be
> mostly OK, but Joe is Fedora/RHEL Apache maintainer and his input would
> be invaluable on this.

Agreed, I'd appreciate his vote.  But not for the -1 he cast earlier, we
resolved his objections to his satisfaction long before the tag.

View raw message