apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r662530 - /apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x/Makefile.win
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:37:18 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 19:31 +0000, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>> Backports: r662529
> Does that mean you're planning on spinning 1.3.1?

Not unless -1's appear.

It's not the cleanest build, but it's not a regression given that this
build schema didn't exist until 1.2.12, and it does build, with some noise.

Of course I'm fixing everything I see so that 1.3.1 (when it is rolled)
is golden.  I'd also be a fan of the next bugfix point release sometime
in July, or August at the latest.  I don't think we should be waiting
so long between releases, but the whole 1.2.x->1.3.0 transition was
much more painful than we expected.

The hpux/aix issues with mutexes don't appear to be regressions either.
I don't think anything that's surfaced indicates a serious issue to
nullify the release.

I count +'s on the PMC from Bojan and Jim, and I expect, myself.  And
nonbinding +1's from Lucian.  Plenty of other feedback that was absent
a vote, so calling all of that +/-0 until a vote is cast one way or the

So I plan to vote shortly (almost done with win32 packages and my own
votes), and extend the vote another 12 hours to give everyone a chance
to cast their actual vote.

View raw message