apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Strange continous SEVERE error after upgrading to APR 1.3, Critical poller failure, Timer expired
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:15:48 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:43:47 +0200
Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> Looks good and makes sense.
> apr_get_netos_error() in case of ETIME = 720062
> APR_TIMEUP = 70007
>
> So they are different.

which is, in itself, a little disturbing.

> But I would do
>
> rv = apr_get_netos_error();
>
> instead
>
> of
>
> rv = APR_EGENERAL;

Works for me in terms of fixing this bug.  But looking at the
history of this bug (we had a much smaller bug, had a fix,
then introduced this bug by switching to apr_get_netos_error
because it felt better), I'd be wary of repeating the same
thought process without more thorough analysis and testing.

How about APR_EGENERAL for 1.3/release, and apr_get_netos_error
for trunk, where it can hopefully get some exposure?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/