apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-1.3.0, apr-util-1.3.0
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:12:50 GMT
On Sat, 31 May 2008 21:39:11 -0600
Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Unix tarballs are up, win32 .zip's with .mak files will follow.
> > Your votes please;
> >
> >   +/-1
> >   [  ]  Release apr-1.3.0 as GA
> >   [  ]  Release apr-util-1.3.0 as GA
> >

> I don't know enough about the APR release criteria to cast a vote
> but I thought I'd post test results on the platforms I tested on
> in case others find them of use.

Thank you.  Very useful, with that number of platforms!

If you have more time to spend on this, you can sometimes
get more useful diagnostics by following the instructions
in test/README.

> Test results with HP aCC 6.16 on HP-UX 11.31/IPF:
>
> Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
> testdso                     9      8     88.89%
> testprocmutex               6      1     16.67%
> testshm                     6      1     16.67%
> testtime                   13      1      7.69%

Hmm, maybe configure should mark dso as unsupported on
that platform:-)

shm we've been working on.  It would be great if you
could re-test your platforms with the attached patch
(which fixes it on Linux and Solaris on x86).

For the others, more detail would be great.

> IBM XLC 9.0 on AIX 5.3/PPC:
>
> Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
> testprocmutex               5      1     20.00%
> testshm                     6      1     16.67%
> testsock                    7      1     14.29%

I got a testsock failure on Solaris due to not having a
configured IPv6 device on the machine in question.
It would be good to know if the failure you're getting
is the same.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/