apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-1.3.0, apr-util-1.3.0
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 02:09:23 GMT
On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 20:07 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> and I'm looking for one answer; are we inhibited from shipping the
> apr_dbd_xxx-1.dll binary for oracle, pgsql or sqlite3?  If so I'll
> adjust before uploading any binaries.

PosgreSQL is licensed under a BSD licence, so we are fine there. SQLite3
is in public domain, so we are fine there too. Also worth noting is that
FreeTDS should be fine, as far as licensing is concerned, as it is under
LGPL.

Oracle is licensed under a proprietary licence and I guess what we're
allowed to do would depend on some EULA somewhere, which we (ASF) never
even accepted, AFAIK. Personally, I would not risk it, but if people
more familiar with Oracle licensing say it's OK, then fine.

--
Bojan