apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r662530 - /apr/apr-util/branches/1.3.x/Makefile.win
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:25:32 GMT
On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 17:37 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Not unless -1's appear.

OK, thanks. I was asking because there were a few commits to trunk that
would be worth backporting in case you were re-spinning. Unless people
object, I will do that soon, so that I don't forget before 1.3.1.

In particular, I'm referring here to:

- r661178, 662326: thread safe apr_getservbyname()
- r661146, 662114, 662300: apr_shm: fix failure in test_named_remove
- r662299: silence GCC strict aliasing warning for APR rings

Maybe even something along these lines, provided we all agree how it
should be done now that API is frozen:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@apr.apache.org/msg20247.html

> It's not the cleanest build, but it's not a regression given that this
> build schema didn't exist until 1.2.12, and it does build, with some noise.

Yeah, I reckon for .0 is not all that bad :-)

> Of course I'm fixing everything I see so that 1.3.1 (when it is rolled)
> is golden.  I'd also be a fan of the next bugfix point release sometime
> in July, or August at the latest.  I don't think we should be waiting
> so long between releases,

Absolutely.

> So I plan to vote shortly (almost done with win32 packages and my own
> votes), and extend the vote another 12 hours to give everyone a chance
> to cast their actual vote.

I would be very interested in seeing a vote from Joe, as he cast one of
the -1 votes during the release planning process. I did build
1.3.0 APR/APU RPMs (locally) on Fedora, so I know that part should be
mostly OK, but Joe is Fedora/RHEL Apache maintainer and his input would
be invaluable on this.

--
Bojan