apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: sendfile in darwin
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 19:06:57 GMT

On May 7, 2008, at 8:42 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On May 7, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>
>> Hmm - Jim - that does not quite solve the issue I was discussing on
>> IRC;
>
> On IRC? What happened to onlist discussions?? :)

Sorry - I was debugging something totally different (I thought) - and
was
checking that I was not beeing stupid. (see below for the discussion).

Turned out it was related to yours.

>> I think below is needed (which does solve the TimeOut issue).
>>
>> --> diff with your version -- anticipate nbytes set to 0 (which has
>> whole file semantics on BSD and Darwin).
>>
>> Does that make sense ?
>>

> This looks like a patch on something that already patches
> things... so I can't comment on whether this makes sense since
> it includes a patch which I have no clue about.
>
> The addition of 'rv = 0' though on line ~453 is almost
> for sure wrong...

Hmm - it makes the "hangs" go away on BSD/Darwin - and preserves the
use of the header/footer iovec's - which do matter for performance. I
saw that you posted a more elaborate patch. Let me try that in the
meantime.

Dw