apr-dev mailing list archives

From "jayakrishna vinjamuri" <vrjayakris...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Child Process hangs on AIX 53
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 14:55:02 GMT
We have an Apache Plug-in to add our own request processing - We use process
locks to synchronize on a shared memory. We find that on AIX IHS 6.1 (
IBM_HTTP_Server/2.0.47.1-PK53584 Apache/2.0.47 ), the child process blocks
waiting to acquire the process lock. Using truss, we see the semop system
call and that child process sleeps on it and never wakes up. On AIX, we see
that the default locking mechanism is sysvsem. We don't face this issue when
we change the locking mechanism to something else. What could be wrong with
using SysVSeM on AIX 5.3. By the way, we tried with Apache 2.047 source also
wit the same issue cropping up.
 Attached is the system call log.