apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [VOTE] Release apr-1.3.0, apr-util-1.3.0
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 22:26:27 GMT
Unix tarballs are up, win32 .zip's with .mak files will follow.
Your votes please;

   +/-1
   [  ]  Release apr-1.3.0 as GA
   [  ]  Release apr-util-1.3.0 as GA

----

DO NOT begin distributing these in any manner whatsoever, please note that
you can seriously mess up any user who installs these packages if they are
ultimately rejected, followed by incompatible changes in apr-1.3.1.  UNTIL
released by the apr project, we make no representations as to the final API
that will ship in the released 1.3 package.

That said, http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ contains these packages until
they are released.

Thanks to everyone who's invested their energies in ensuring 1.3.0 is the
"best available version".  It was a lot longer in coming than anyone would
have guessed.

To all contributors, if your patch was not included, please let the dust
settle for a short time, then ensure your patch still applies and remains
relevant, and please ping the bug database or this dev list to remind our
committers that it's needed on trunk for 1.4 or 2.0 release for API changes
or on trunk + 1.3 for bug fixes.

Please don't be offended if your patch was not picked up in time for this
release.  In good news, there are four new committers this month so we all
hope your patches will get the attention they deserve from the community.

Finally, note a new long term master key and new short term signing key
I used to package these and all future tarballs I sign;

pub   4096R/B55D9977 2008-04-09
       Key fingerprint = B1B9 6F45 DFBD CCF9 7401  9235 193F 180A B55D 9977
uid                  William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
uid                  William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@apache.org>
uid                  William A. Rowe, Jr. <william.rowe@springsource.com>
sub   4096R/CB9B9EC5 2008-04-09 [expires: 2009-07-03]
sub   4096g/FF1392F5 2008-04-09 [expires: 2009-07-03]
sub   4096R/C10FE28B 2008-04-09 [expires: 2009-07-03]

which can be pulled down from an appropriate keyserver, and will be added
to the KEYS file once I have all my ApacheCon keysignings complete and then
figure out how to clean it of silly-sigs.

Bill