apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: dbd postgresql
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 06:50:31 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 21:15 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
>> One issue I've noticed with postgresql is that when you use it through
>> apr, and postgresql detects an error, it prints to stdout.
>>
>> Do you think that apr should catch this, or do you think that my
>> application should get the handle, and catch it?
>
> Most likely, yes. AFAIK, we don't normally interfere with this kind of
> stuff in APR.

In fact we've done all we can to avoid such things.  I've been a proponent
for preserving information from HP/UX shl_open that is reported to stderr,
however the group decision was to avoid this additional information.

So if it's possible with the postgresql to mute the stdout information,
we really need to do so.