apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disconnecting -lldap from utilizing apr-util
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 21:35:23 GMT

On 05/23/2008 10:05 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:

>> More review:
>>
>> 1) the DSO-loading stuff is not thread-safe (dsos global not
>> mutex-protected) yet apr_ldap_init would/could/should be; it's not
>> documented to explicitly *not* be thread-safe, anyway.
>
> The caller must obtain the mutex first, because the caller is responsible
> for initialization before releasing the mutex (it wouldn't do to acquire
> an uninitialized resource.)  I'll document, as you suggest.

Don't we have an issue if apu_dso_init is called by two threads in parallel
when dsos is still NULL?
IMHO this can happen as load_ldap could be called by two threads in parallel.
BTW: I guess it would be more effective to do the for loop for getting the global
pool after checking if dsos != NULL.

Regards

RĂ¼diger