apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Netware help needed!
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 15:42:51 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:
> I finally got around to actually thinking about what is going on with the APU LDAP stuff.
 Splitting the LDAP portion of APU into a separate shared library isn't going to work for
NetWare.  Building a loadable library on NetWare is not a big deal, but building a shareable
library is huge.  That is the main reason why there is a single aprlib library on NetWare
that contains both APR and APU.  With the changes that you have made to split out the LDAP
library functions, is there still a path for building everything as a single library?

If using ./configure, you will need to modify the default to avoid choosing
the --enable-dbd-dso flag by default for Netware.  That change went in
before I even started the ldap refactoring.

This solves the related problem of apr_pool_parent_get on Netware, although
it was just pointed out that detached pools might already break this.

[Note this flag should probably be renamed --enable-util-dso or something
like that.]