apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Vote] Disconnecting -lldap from utilizing apr-util
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 15:22:09 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> removing -lldap -llber from ./configure --with-ldap builds into a seperate
> recoverable ./apu-1-config --ldap-libs flag;
>
>  [ ] Breaks our versioning contract
>  [X] Does not break our versioning contract

The acid test is whether an APR consuming application binary (eg httpd)
would break, if an apr-util binary (which was before compiled with LDAP
enabled) was replaced with a new apr-util binary (which was also
compiled with LDAP enabled).

I understand from wrowe's explanation that this will not break the APR
consuming application binary, therefore as I see it doesn't break our
versioning contract.

Regards,
Graham